Our specialist Hydropower team provides technical expertise and project management to landowners and developers of hydropower schemes at all stages of the development process: from pre-feasibility, throughout design and licensing to installation. We have developed a Geographical Information System (GIS) based site search model to identify suitable catchments for hydropower development.
At every stage, our approach is to maximise the potential of gaining planning consent and the required abstraction licence through early feasibility analysis, excellent design and a high quality submission.
Our core hydropower services include:
- Site searches
- Pre / feasibility studies
- Resource assessments
- Ecology surveys
- Fish surveys
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
- Site constraints analysis
- Planning and abstraction license consents
- Consultation with stakeholders and regulatory bodies