Our in-house Environment Team provides advice and support on all aspects of environment work from environmental compliance to development permitting, EIA and environmental risk management.
All members of Arcus’ Environment Team are members of Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
We offer a range of environmental management services including:
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Environmental and technical due diligence
- Strategic advice, project coordination and project management
- Undertaking, or supporting, applications for: new Environmental/PPC permits; for variations, transfers or substantial changes to existing permits; and surrender of permits
- Environmental Auditing and Environmental Management Systems
- ISO14000:2005 advice
- Sustainability Assessments
- Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- Mitigation and design input
- Development of project risk-registers
- Health Impact Assessments
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Policy Advice
- Coordination of Environmental Surveys
The Environment Team works closely with all of Arcus’ in-house technical experts to provide integrated multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy services to projects.
We work with a range of companies and organisations to meet their environmental management needs. These include local councils, architects, processing plants, wastewater treatment works, individual homeowners and multi-national corporations.
Legislative requirements are ever evolving and with it the reputational risk of potential environmental impacts. It is necessary therefore to have access to the right support, information and skills base to manage this risk. With consultants based in York, Glasgow and Edinburgh we undertake compliance and permitting work throughout the UK and Ireland.
We work in the following areas:
Yorkshire (York, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Sheffield, Hull)
North East (Newcastle, Gateshead, Middlesbrough, Durham, Sunderland)
North West (Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, Chester, Carlisle)
Midlands (Birmingham, Leicester, Northampton, Derby, Nottingham)
East Anglia (Norwich, Cambridge, Peterborough, Ipswich, King’s Lynn)
South East (London, Oxford, Dover, Reading, Southampton, Portsmouth)
South West (Bristol, Bournemouth, Plymouth, Swindon, Gloucester)
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Inverness, Fort William, Perth, Ayr, Dumfries, Fife, Highlands and Islands
Cardiff, Swansea, Caernarfon, Aberystwyth
Republic of Ireland
Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Castlebar
Belfast, Eniskillen, Omagh, Londonderry/Derry