The Water Quality team at Arcus specialises in water quality monitoring, surface and groundwater sampling, private water supply monitoring and sampling and hydrological risk assessments.
The Water Quality team has extensive project experience across several sectors, including energy, renewables, water and highways. Typically our work is focused on construction activity, responding to specific incidents and long-term, catchment-scale monitoring. Our clients include developers, construction firms and public sector bodies.
Our monitoring and sampling are designed to meet individual project requirements and range from one off sampling to catchment wide studies and continuous monitoring using data loggers, lasting several years.
We have long standing arrangements with UKAS accredited laboratories, to ensure samples are analysed quickly using high-spec equipment and facilities.
The Water Quality team uses industry standard equipment from YSI and regularly calibrates the equipment to ensure reliable results are obtained.
We produce concise reports which have received positive comments from statutory consultees.
We regularly laisse with the Environment Agency, SEPA, NRW and the NIEA in order to discharge relevant planning conditions and comply with best practice.
We provide a range of services at all stages of development, including:
- Surface water and Groundwater Quality Monitoring
- Construction Water Quality monitoring
- Private Water Supply Risk Assessments and Monitoring
- Groundwater Risk Assessment and Monitoring
- Hydrological Clerk of Works (HCoW)
- Permit Compliance Sampling and Water Quality Monitoring
- Controlled Activities Regulations (CAR) Licence applications
Our team are based in York and Glasgow and provide water quality services throughout the UK. If you have a requirement for hydrological services at any stage of your project, please get in touch.
Selected Case Studies:
- Tullymurdoch Wind Farm, Perth & Kinross – Private Water Supply sampling and monitoring during construction.
- Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow – Groundwater sample analysis for permit compliance.
- Fish Farm, Argyll & Bute – Water sampling and reporting for elevated Aluminium levels
- Muaitheabhal Wind Farm, Stornoway – 12 month continuous monitoring, benthic sampling and reporting.
- West Browncastle Wind Farm, South Lanarkshire, 12 month baseline sampling, 14 month construction monitoring and reporting.
- Overtown Link road, Lancashire – Turbidity monitoring and flocculent monitoring.
- Gas extraction site, England – Groundwater sampling and analysis.