Our landscape architects are based in York and Glasgow, working across the UK. If you would like to contact us, please email Mark Topping.
Arcus Landscape Architecture is a registered practice with the Landscape Institute.
Arcus Landscape Architecture provides the highest quality service to deliver sustainable and practical designs while maximising the development potential of our clients’ projects and enhancing the environment.
Our approach is to work with the fabric of the site, understanding its context and character and that of the surrounding area. Our designs aim to enhance site elements, adding value and creating innovative design solutions.
We take a commercial approach to projects, using our technical expertise to incorporate cost-effective design solutions that are sustainable and maintainable. We take a pragmatic approach to landscape planning and management that ensures compliance with regulations and guidance while providing defensible advice and assessments to achieve consent for development.
Arcus provides a range of landscape architectural services; from inception and concept design, through Planning and EIA to construction, completion and ongoing management and maintenance. Our team of Chartered Landscape Architects has over 45 years’ experience working in private, public and third sector. Our projects are delivered on time and within budget whether we work independently or as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
Arcus Landscape Architecture offers a wide range of services:
Feasibility & Landscape Planning
- Site Appraisal and Assessment
- Early Risk Appraisals
- Digital Data Collection
- Public Consultation
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment
- Designated Landscape & Greenbelt Appraisals
- Landscape Capacity Studies
- Landscape Character Assessments
- Neighbourhood Planning
- Planning Support and Discharge of Landscape Conditions
- Hearings and Public Inquiry
- Grant & Funding Advice
- Landscape Management Plans & Construction Method Statements
- Urban Design & Landscape Masterplanning
- Public Realm Design & Strategies
- Hard and Soft Landscape Design
- Green Infrastructure
- Green Roofs
- Sustainable Urban Drainage (SUDS)
- Play Areas & Playful Landscapes
- Heritage Landscapes
- Lighting Design
- Work in Collaboration with Artists and Public Art Specialists
- Bespoke Street Furniture Design
- Landscape Institute stages A-L/RIBA stages 1-7
Early Risk Assessments
- Tree Preservation Orders, Searches, Appraisals and Applications
- Tree Survey in Accordance with BS5837:2012
- Arboricultural Impact Assessment
- Arboricultural Constraints Plan
- Tree Protection Fencing Plan
- Arboricultural Method Statement
- Schedule of Tree Surgery Works in line with BS3998:2010
- Specialist Construction Guidance in proximity to existing trees
- Bespoke construction detailing adjacent to Root Protection Areas
- Planning Advice/Negotiation in relation to Existing Trees
- Arboricultural Monitoring (Clerk of Works)
- Surveys/Assessments for Protected Species
- Aerial condition/defect surveys
- CAVAT Tree Valuation
- Tree Planting & Management Plans