Client – Council
Scope – Arcus were commissioned to undertake an Environmental Permitting Regulation’s (EPR) noise survey and assessment in relation to a waste transfer station in Nuneaton. The following elements were undertaken as part of the assessment;
- Identification of closest potential noise sensitive receptors;
- Site visit and survey to identify potential noise sources and measure background noise levels;
- Prediction and assessment of noise levels due to the Development; and
- Recommendations for Best Available Techniques (BAT) for noise control.
Solution – An assessment of noise impact was undertaken in accordance with BS4142:2014. Best available techniques were provided; including;
- All vehicles and plant to be switched off when not in use;
- Broadband, rather than tonal reversing alarms should be used;
- No vehicle horns to be sounded unless in an emergency;
- Vehicle tailgates to be secured before moving off; and
- Workshop shutter doors to remain closed other than for the entry and exit of vehicles.