With both the ecology survey season and the financial year coming to a close, the Arcus Ecology Team has taken time to reflect on what has been another incredibly busy and rewarding year. Despite the unique challenges Covid-19 posed to carrying out surveys, the team has been able to keep projects on track by delivering ecology and ornithology surveys, monitoring and assessment services across a wealth of projects and sectors throughout the UK and Ireland, including;
- Pre-application services; including feasibility, scoping, survey, EIA and HRA work on over 30 wind farms and 20 solar projects;
- Operational monitoring and management on nine wind farms;
- Pre-application and post-submission services on nine aquaculture projects;
- Ecological Clerk of Work services during construction of three onshore wind farms, and two cable routes;
- Survey and EcIA Services for four grid (buried cable and overhead power line) projects, including the onshore transmission works of two offshore wind farms;
- Pre-application surveys for a nationally important hydro-power development;
- Ongoing Project Ecologist support on the largest ever Town and Country Planning Act in the UK development; and
- Ongoing ecological support for Cleve Hill Solar Park, the UK’s first Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project.
Being able to continue to deliver this work during the current pandemic is a testament to the hard working and pragmatic nature of the growing team, and demonstrates the value of developing close working relationships with colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
If you would like to discuss ecology support on any of your projects, please contact email@example.com.